For all manuscripts submitted – JCEM Author recommendations
Aims and Scope
The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism could be the world’s leading peer-reviewed journal for endocrine clinical research and medical practice information. Each problem provides up-to-date protection of brand new developments that enhance our comprehension of pathophysiology, diagnosis and remedy for hormonal and metabolic disorders. Regular attributes of unique interest include initial reports of crucial advances in patient-oriented hormonal and metabolic research, individual views on endocrinologic subjects, medical studies, medical reviews, medical training recommendations, and situation reports.
- Clinical Research Article
- Case Report
- Page to your Editor
- Page to the Editor Response
- Reports and suggestions
- Clinical Practice Guideline
- Clinical Practice Guideline Meta-analysis
- Clinical Practice Guideline Systematic Review
- Clinical Practice Guideline Communication
- Policy Perspective
- Analysis Guide
- Scientific Statement
- Consensus Statement
The next types of articles, including preprints from recognized repositories, are going to be considered for publication:
- Clinical Research Articles are initial, investigative, medical studies predicated on formerly unpublished data. There are not any top or reduced word/figure/table restrictions. All numbers and tables needs to be original.
- Situation Reports (no more available for distribution after 1, 2019) are descriptions of a case that provides insights into a condition’s pathogenesis, presentation, or management september. Manuscripts will routinely have 1,200 terms or less, without any significantly more than two numbers, two tables, and ten sources. All numbers and tables must certanly be initial.
- Mini-reviews should deal with subjects worth focusing on to clinical endocrinologists and endocrine medical investigators, including scholarly updates concerning the molecular and biochemical foundation for normal physiology and illness states; the advanced in diagnosis and handling of hormonal and metabolic problems; as well as other subjects strongly related the training of clinical endocrinology. Unless the mini-review is formally invited by the editors or Endocrine Society staff, writers ought to include a prospectus with a quick narrative associated with the mini-review’s purpose and range, an overview explaining its articles, and also the CVs of most writers included. These manuscripts can consist of 2,000 terms to at the most 5,000 terms. Writers ought to include a section that is brief the search methods utilized to get information when it comes to mini-review. In the event that writers opt for formerly posted numbers or tables, they have to proceed with the directions beneath the Publication Fees section.
- Meta-analyses should concentrate on certain efficacies of diagnostic procedures or remedies. The manuscript that is submitted be produced by an in-depth statistical analysis of data found by an exhaustive search of currently posted and appropriate peer-reviewed manuscripts. Submissions with this kind must consist of an overview and a statement that is narrative. There aren’t any limitations on term count, wide range of numbers, or quantity of sources. All numbers and tables needs to be initial.
Advice and Comment
- Editorials are viewpoint articles by the journal’s Editor-in-Chief or a co-employee Editor and certainly will typically deal with a policy that is timely of extremely high value to endocrinologists. Editorials carry no numbers or tables and have now no more than eight recommendations.
- Commentaries are viewpoint articles invited by the Editor-in-Chief that may examine principles and findings recently introduced in to the record that is scientific have actually excellent interest. They have been typically as much as 1,000 words in total, needs to have a maximum of eight sources, and now have no numbers or tables. Commentaries must not cite work that is unpublished data.
- Views provide a viewpoint that is new policies and generally speaking accepted concepts and methods in endocrinology that warrant closer assessment predicated on really present newly posted data. They need to cite appropriate literary works and are generally no more than 2,400 terms and also a maximum of 25 sources. Views must not cite unpublished work or information, and any numbers should provide just general generalizations, maybe maybe perhaps not brand brand new information. Numbers needs to be initial. Views are submitted by invite through the Editor-in-Chief.
- Letters into the Editor should talk about just articles posted in this log, and start to become submitted within couple of years regarding the article’s last book. Letters must be no more than 500 words in total, haven’t any more than eight recommendations, and should never cite work that is unpublished information. Letters may be posted in the discernment for the Editor-in-Chief. Writers of accepted letters see web web page proofs before book. Only changes to fix grammar that is inadvertent/introduced spelling inaccuracies are permitted. Regular book charges apply. No numbers or tables are permitted. The name associated with the page should stick to the structure of “Letter to your Editor: Title of original essay being Discussed”. When your name perhaps maybe perhaps not follow this structure, it shall be standardised by the publisher.
- Letters to your Editor reactions respond to a Letter to Editor at no greater size compared to initial letter. Writers whose work is talked about in a page to your Editor will be invited to typically offer a reply. If accepted, writers will discover page proofs before book. Only changes to fix inadvertent/introduced sentence structure and/or spelling inaccuracies are allowed. No numbers or tables are permitted. The name of this page should stick to the format of “Response to Letter into the Editor: Title of original essay being Discussed”. When your name maybe perhaps perhaps not follow this structure, it shall be standardised by the publisher.
- Reports and suggestions provide a directory of the procedures and conclusions of non-Endocrine community work custom essay help teams, task forces, along with other collaboratives. They shall be susceptible to peer review and needs to be modifiable in reaction to criticisms. They’ve been typically a maximum of 3,600 terms in total. All figures and tables must certanly be initial.
Endocrine Community Statements
- Clinical Practice instructions are manufactured by an Endocrine Society appointed task force, are evidence based, and provide graded clinical training tips. They are developed with input from community committees and users.
- Clinical Practice Guideline Meta-analyses are commissioned because of the Endocrine Society to offer analyses that are statistical support its Clinical Practice instructions.
- Clinical Practice Guideline Systematic Reviews are commissioned because of the Endocrine Society for the Clinical Practice instructions. These reviews address a precise medical concern by gathering and summarizing empirical proof that fits pre-specified eligibility requirements.
- Clinical Practice Guideline Communications are derivatives for the community’s Clinical Practice recommendations that health supplement or touch upon developments within the illness area because the period of book of a Guideline.
- Policy Perspectives derive from founded community policy jobs and manufactured by the Advocacy & Public Outreach Core Committee with input through the account.
- Research Guides are manufactured by a specialist group that is writing input from community committees and account.
- Scientific Statements are developed by a writing team beneath the way of a Endocrine Society appointed seat with the aim of synthesizing research and determining gaps within the literature that is scientific. They are developed with input from community committees and users.
- Consensus Statements offer an extensive assessment by a specialist panel of the scientific or medical issue which might consist of ungraded tips. Submitted by Endocrine Society work teams, other expert culture work teams, task forces, as well as other consortia which include the Endocrine Society.
Utilization of Peer Review: All submissions are susceptible to peer that is external as directed by the log editors, other than (1) Endocrine Society Statements, that are reviewed by the Endocrine Society and selected outside professionals, and (2) conference abstracts, which, whenever posted being a health health supplement to Journal of this Endocrine Society, have already been evaluated because of the Endocrine Society’s Annual Meeting Steering Committee.
Questions? Please direct any concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Publication Costs and Start Access
To learn more about the many benefits of account into the Endocrine Society, please go to the Member pros page of this Endocrine Society’s site.
Web Web Web Page Costs
- Endocrine Society users: $99 per PDF web web page
- Non-members: $119 per PDF page
- Endocrine Society users: $235 per color figure
- Non-members: $735 per color figure
Optional Upgrade to start Access
Writers have the choice of creating their article start Access if you are paying yet another $3,000 for Open Access book, which include A cc-by license, PubMed Central full-text deposit, and free access regarding the log web web site.
Discount for Transfers from bioRxiv
If you distribute your manuscript to your Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism using bioRxiv’s Direct Transfer choice (B2J) through Editorial Manager which is accepted for book, you’ll claim a single-use code entitling you to definitely a $250 discount in your manuscript’s book costs, with the exception of the CC-BY Open Access choice, when it is published in 2019, or even a 10% discount on your own manuscript’s book costs, like the CC-BY Open Access choice, if it’s published in 2020. To claim a price reduction, compose Antoinette P. Wrighton at email@example.com.