For all manuscripts submitted – JCEM Author recommendations
Aims and Scope
The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism could be the world’s leading peer-reviewed journal for endocrine clinical research and medical training information. Each problem provides up-to-date protection of the latest developments that enhance our comprehension of pathophysiology, diagnosis and remedy for endocrine and metabolic problems. average top features of unique interest include original reports of essential improvements in patient-oriented hormonal and metabolic research, individual views on endocrinologic subjects, medical studies, medical reviews, medical training instructions, and instance reports.
- Clinical Research Article
- Case Report
- Letter to your Editor
- Page to your Editor Reaction
- Reports and suggestions
- Clinical Practice Guideline
- Clinical Practice Guideline Meta-analysis
- Clinical Practice Guideline Systematic Review
- Clinical Practice Guideline Correspondence
- Policy Attitude
- Analysis Guide
- Scientific Statement
- Consensus Statement
The next types of articles, including preprints from recognized repositories, is likely to be considered for book:
- Clinical Research Articles are original, investigative, medical studies predicated on formerly data that are unpublished. There are not any upper or reduced word/figure/table restrictions. All numbers and tables must certanly be initial.
- Situation Reports (not available for distribution after 1, 2019) are descriptions of a case that provides insights into a condition’s pathogenesis, presentation, or management september. Manuscripts will routinely have 1,200 terms or less, without any a lot more than two numbers, two tables, and ten sources. All numbers and tables needs to be initial.
- Mini-reviews should deal with subjects worth focusing on to clinical endocrinologists and endocrine medical investigators, including scholarly updates in connection with molecular and biochemical foundation for normal physiology and condition states; the advanced in diagnosis and handling of endocrine and metabolic disorders; along with other subjects highly relevant to the training of clinical endocrinology. Unless the mini-review is formally invited by the editors or Endocrine Society staff, writers will include a prospectus with a quick narrative associated with the mini-review’s function and range, an overview explaining its articles, as well as the CVs of most writers included. These manuscripts can are normally taken for 2,000 terms to no more than 5,000 terms. Writers will include a section that is brief the search techniques utilized to get information when it comes to mini-review. In the event that writers opt for formerly posted numbers or tables, the guidelines must be followed by them beneath the Publication Fees part.
- Meta-analyses should give attention to particular efficacies of diagnostic procedures or remedies. The manuscript that is submitted be produced by an in-depth analytical analysis of data found by the exhaustive search of currently posted and appropriate peer-reviewed manuscripts. Submissions with this kind must add an overview and a narrative statement. There are not any limitations on term count, wide range of numbers, or amount of sources. pay for essay All numbers and tables should be initial.
Advice and Comment
- Editorials are opinion articles because of the journal’s Editor-in-Chief or an associate at work Editor and certainly will typically deal with a policy that is timely of extremely high importance to endocrinologists. Editorials carry no numbers or tables and have now no more than eight sources.
- Commentaries are viewpoint articles invited by the Editor-in-Chief that may examine concepts and findings recently introduced in to the record that is scientific have actually exemplary interest. They’ve been typically as much as 1,000 terms in total, need to have a maximum of eight recommendations, and also no numbers or tables. Commentaries must not cite unpublished work or data.
- Views provide a viewpoint that is new policies and generally speaking accepted maxims and methods in endocrinology that warrant closer examination considering extremely present newly posted information. They ought to cite literature that is relevant are generally no more than 2,400 words and now have a maximum of 25 sources. Views must not cite unpublished work or information, and any numbers should provide just general generalizations, perhaps maybe not brand new information. Numbers must certanly be initial. Views are submitted by invite from the Editor-in-Chief.
- Letters into the Editor should talk about just articles posted in this log, and start to become submitted within couple of years associated with the article’s publication that is final. Letters must be a maximum of 500 words in total, haven’t any more than eight recommendations, and should never cite unpublished work or data. Letters will soon be posted in the discernment regarding the Editor-in-Chief. Writers of accepted letters see web page proofs before book. Just changes to correct grammar that is inadvertent/introduced spelling inaccuracies are allowed. Regular book costs apply. No numbers or tables are permitted. The title of this format should be followed by the letter of “Letter towards the Editor: Title of original essay being Discussed”. When your name not follow this structure, it shall be standardised because of the publisher.
- Letters to your Editor reactions respond to a Letter to Editor at no greater size compared to initial page. Writers whose tasks are talked about in A page to your Editor will typically be invited to offer an answer. If accepted, authors will discover web page proofs before book. Only changes to fix inadvertent/introduced sentence structure and/or spelling inaccuracies are allowed. No numbers or tables are permitted. The name for the format should be followed by the letter of “Response to Letter towards the Editor: Title of initial article being Discussed”. When your name perhaps maybe maybe not follow this structure, it will be standardized because of the publisher.
- Reports and suggestions present a listing of the procedures and conclusions of non-Endocrine community work teams, task forces, as well as other collaboratives. They shall be susceptible to peer review and must certanly be modifiable responding to criticisms. They have been typically a maximum of 3,600 terms in total. All numbers and tables should be initial.
Endocrine Community Statements
- Clinical Practice instructions are manufactured by an Endocrine Society appointed task force, are proof based, and provide graded medical training tips. They are developed with input from community committees and users.
- Clinical Practice Guideline Meta-analyses are commissioned by the Endocrine Society to offer analyses that are statistical help its Clinical Practice recommendations.
- Clinical Practice Guideline Systematic Reviews are commissioned by the Endocrine Society for the Clinical Practice recommendations. These reviews address a precise question that is clinical collecting and summarizing empirical proof that fits pre-specified eligibility requirements.
- Clinical Practice Guideline Communications are derivatives of this Society’s Clinical Practice instructions that health health supplement or touch upon developments within the infection area because the right period of book of a Guideline.
- Policy views derive from founded Society policy jobs and manufactured by the Advocacy & Public Outreach Core Committee with input through the account.
- Research Guides are produced by a specialist composing group with input from community committees and account.
- Scientific Statements are developed by a writing team beneath the way of an Endocrine Society appointed seat with the aim of synthesizing research and pinpointing gaps within the literature that is scientific. They are developed with input from community committees and people.
- Consensus Statements give an examination that is comprehensive a specialist panel of the systematic or medical problem that may consist of ungraded guidelines. Submitted by Endocrine Society work teams, other expert culture work teams, task forces, as well as other consortia which include the Endocrine Society.
Utilization of Peer Review: All submissions are susceptible to outside peer review as directed by the log editors, other than (1) Endocrine Society Statements, that are evaluated because of the Endocrine Society and selected outside professionals, and (2) conference abstracts, which, when posted being a health health health supplement to Journal regarding the Endocrine Society, have already been evaluated because of the Endocrine Society’s Annual Meeting Steering Committee.
Concerns? Please direct any questions to email@example.com.
Publication Fees and Start Access
To learn more about some great benefits of account into the Endocrine Society, please look at the known Member Benefits page of this Endocrine Society’s internet site.
Web Page Fees
- Endocrine Society users: $99 per PDF web web page
- Non-members: $119 per PDF page
- Endocrine Society users: $235 per color figure
- Non-members: $735 per color figure
Optional Upgrade to start Access
Writers have the choice of earning their article start Access by having to pay yet another $3,000 for Open Access book, which include a license that is cc-by PubMed Central full-text deposit, and free access regarding the journal web site.
Discount for Transfers from bioRxiv
If it is published in 2019, or a 10% discount on your manuscript’s publication fees, including the CC-BY Open Access option, if it is published in 2020 if you submit your manuscript to The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism using bioRxiv’s Direct Transfer option (B2J) through Editorial Manager and it is accepted for publication, you can claim a single-use code entitling you to a $250 discount on your manuscript’s publication fees, except for the CC-BY Open Access option. To claim a price reduction, compose Antoinette P. Wrighton at firstname.lastname@example.org.